These will be for the PSP and PC versions. Obviously some, like the voice acting, will only apply to the PC port. All of the screenshots are from my first Reborn playthrough.
- i love lans omg~ He's tied with Terra from FFVI for my favorite video game character ever. The updated script suited him much more than most of the other characters. I love the fact that he has such courage and yet will admit to feeling fear before a battle - when I saw the music box scene (second screenshot) for the first time in the PSX version I was blown away by his humility. Every single scene with him in it is so well done. It's just a shame that CODA 3 is such a chore to get to...
- Fantastic story. I know the different alliances can be confusing to new players, but if you're not sure about who's who, read the Warren Report. The Law (lol i typed "Lans" at first) route is my favorite way to play the game.
- The voice acting ranged from 'incredible' (Denam, Catiua and Ozma would be my top three) to 'good but doesn't fit the character' (Arycelle...).
- I'm still up in the air about the "random buff cards" aspect that Reborn brought around. The animation and gathering of the cards just prolongs the battle by a lot but I suppose it could be helpful to newer players.
- They nerfed the Paladin class. >( I don't care though, Lans is getting all my stat boosting charms and food regardless!!
- this is 1000% saltiness on my part but wtf isn't ob64 taking place around the same time?? and yet there's no mention of palatinus at all. Then again, Valeria is quite a long way from Palatinus if I recall correctly. BUT SOME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT WOULD'VE BEEN NICE!! I think the closest thing to a nod at OB64 would be Lans mentioning the hero of Xenobia travelling to a faraway land at the end of CODA 3.
- My main complaint with the game is the extremely tedious quests you have to do in order to unlock everything. Mostly having to complete the Palace of the Dead, a 100+ floor dungeon, more than once if you want to see all the cutscenes. The Shaman sidequest took me fucking forever to complete as well. Using the AI to fight for you sounds good at first but when it comes to the PotD and the tiles that your characters can fall down to their permadeath... well, I don't recommend using the AI for those maps.